PEOPLE "It is people standing next to people that make a difference"
Administrative Staff: (Staff Biographies following Therapists')
|Jeff Burrows, Owner/Director||Julie Collins, OM Westside|
|Brooke Parker, OM Westside||Amanda Boland, OM Eastside|
|Shannon Dotson, OM, Eastside||Marnie Gregg, OM|
|Ashley Johnson, Billing||Chris Dickmeyer, Bookkeeper|
|Christina Bryant, LPCC Clinical Supervisor||Tina Fajardo, Billing|
THERAPISTS - BIOGRAPHIES and SPECIALTIES
All Therapists are Masters or PhD level in education, with State and National licensure and certification. In addition, the Family Workshop does a credentialing verification on all Therapists. The letters following the names refer to the type of licensure, however, all are certified to do therapy or counseling. Counseling and therapy are virtually the same thing. We are careful to solicit, evaluate and hire the very best Counselors in the area. These people have huge resumes, significant expertise and are well versed in a variety of modalities - they are gifted, creative and, most of all, very good at engaging clients
- Cheryl Aiken, LPCC/PsyD - Texas Woman’s University, Texas A&M, and Capella University. Cheryl spent 17 years in private practice as well as working with the Sequoyah Adolescent Treatment Center, The Counseling Center, and the Taos/Colfax Community Center. She enjoys working with children, adolescents, and families. She loves both cats and dogs, and likes to golf, hike, and bike.
- Juanita Baca, LPC - Psychology and counseling at UNM, Juanita has been a therapist at Relevancy Inc., Hogares, Tennessee Dept of Human Services, Salvation Army and Albuquerque Rape Crisis. She works with all populations, close to bi-lingual and is very good with kids. Juanita's hobbies include guitar, singing (a featured artist at churches) and homemaking. East side.
- Kevin Baker, LMHC - UNM, Webster University. Kevin previously worked for Vista Sandia Hospital, Memorial Hospital, Heights Psychiatric Hospital, and The State of New Mexico Department of Health. He is a volunteer at the VA Hospital, collects native American art, and is a photography enthusiast.
- Christina Bryant, LPCC - (Clinical Supervisor) UNM and NM Highlands University, Christina works with all ages and primarily issues with kids and teens, families and couples. She is a native New Mexican but spent five years in New Orleans (there during the Katrina Hurricane) and became a huge Saints fan. On her off time she plays soccer and has recently taken up snowboarding...a cat person.
- Tamba Calfee,T-LMHC/LADAC - Radford University, Grand Canyon University. Tamba is currently working on her Doctorate. She previously worked at Turquoise Lodge, Southwest Family, Molina Healthcare, and Silver Street Methadone Clinic. She runs our Substance Abuse Group on Tuesday evenings, and sees children on an individual basis….dog person.
- Mary Pam Colton, LPC -University of Cincinnati, UNM. Pam has worked as a school counselor at Duranes Elementary, Hodgin Elementary, Algodones &Placitas Elementary, and Belhaven Elementary. She is crafty, loves gardening, and plays the guitar and hand drums.
- Ed Church, LPCC - Whittier College and Heidelberg College, Ed also holds a Master’s Degree in Divinity, that’s right, his name is Church and he is also a pastor! Ed has also worked for Epoch Behavioral Healthcare, Valle del Sol, Carlsbad Counseling Associates, New Day, Valencia Counseling Services and Presbyterian Children’s Services. Ed works with a variety of populations and modalities.
- Donna Clauss, LMSW - University of San Francisco, Michigan State and UNM, Donna has a huge background and resume including, founder and Executive Director of Rainbow House International (Adoption Agency), Math and Psychology teacher for APS and Albuquerque Indian School, U.S. Coordinator for a Mexican Foundation in Guadalajara and has worked as a Counselor for Hogares. She and her husband also have six kids adopted from every continent in the world (and now a bunch of grandchildren). Or, are there seven continents?
- Celena Cordova, LMHC - Eastern New Mexico University, UNM. She has been a college career readiness counselor at Rio Grande and Del Norte high schools. Celena has traveled abroad, loves dogs, and anything physical.
- Doris Curry, LMSW - Upper Iowa University and New Mexico Highlands, Doris has also worked at CNM Counseling Services, CNM Connect, and the Breast Cancer Resource Center, and as a volunteer at “Paws and Stripes” Integrated Counseling of New Mexico. She is also interested and works with Mindfulness, Imago Relationship Therapy and Canine Therapy. Doris is certifying her border collie to be a therapy dog and she, not the dog, does yoga and cooking.
- Marcella Baca-Dory, LMHC - Barstow Community College, California State University and Highlands University, Marcella has work for Child Protective Services, Rio Rancho Public Schools, the Archdiocese of Santa Fe and the Albuquerque Public Schools. She is happily, one of 12 children and a practitioner of AQUA ZUMBA…wow…works with all populations.
- Elizabeth Dunlap, LPCC - Elizabeth studied at the University of New Mexico for her degrees in psychology and sociology. She has over 20 years of counseling experience and currently also works as a state vocational rehabilitation counselor. Her specialties include women's issues, depression, anxiety and adolescents. Elizabeth's hobbies include reading, country dancing, cooking and spending time with her daughter and her dogs. West Side.
- Stacy Echevarria, LMHC - University of Maryland, Chapman University. Stacy has previously worked as a family support co-coordinator at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, a Realtor at Keller Williams, and is an Integrated Nutrition Health Coach. She has 3 children, likes to paint and draw, is a dog person, and Yoga is her thing.
- Bryan Gabaldon, LPC - Webster University, UNM. This is the second time around here with us at the Family Workshop, and he has also been a counselor with APS for the past 17 years. In 2013-14 he received the counselor of the year award; he was also graduate student of the year while attending Webster University. Bryan is flexible, open-minded, spiritually Buddhist, and enjoys working with the LBGTQ community.
- Angela Garcia, LMSW - Highlands University. Angela previously worked for YDI, The Domestic Violence Resource Center, and Haven House. Her passion is working with trauma victims and spending time at the baseball field watching her 3 boys play.
- Jennifer Hattar, LISW - Cal Poly Pomona and USC, Jennifer is a California native and has recently worked as a case worker for the LA County Children and Families Department. She has previously worked as a psychiatric intern in the schools and at the Albuquerque SAFE house. Jennifer is the recipient of our “Rookie of the Year” award at the Family Workshop. She enjoys running, swimming and traveling.
- Bob Hodges, LMHC - Iona College, Manhattan College and Gannon University, Bob has worked as a school counselor, out patient therapist and as an adjunct faculty member at Central NM university, Regis University and the University of Phoenix. He has worked for Albuquerque Public Schools and New Day Youth and Family Services. He is the cofounder of Life Craft, a Colorado-based career counseling organization, the founder of Rites of Passage Institute an outdoor education and ropes course organization in Colorado and New Mexico, and the author of Becoming a Peaceful Warrior: A Guide to Experiential Activities for Teens. Bob is also certified in play therapy, Grief Counseling, mindfulness, positive psychology and he is working on his LADAC, that's a lot!...loves his Therapy dog, writing and out doors... nature guy
- Theresa Jones, LMHC - Texas A&M and Southwestern College, Theresa has previously worked at Desert Hills as a Therapist and has extensive experience with intervention and rehabilitation in corrections. She has done graduate internships with Challenge New Mexico, a therapeutic riding program, the Santa Fe Community Guidance Center and the Santa Fe Detention Center. Teresa loves to ride horses, herbs and aroma therapy and do art, loves to do art!
- Stefanie Juliano, LMHC, PsyD (Candidate) - Eastern New Mexico, National Hypnotherapy Training Center, U of Phoenix and California Southern, Stefanie has also worked in Criminal Justice (probation and parole), at Haven Behavioral Health, A New Awakening and Southwest Family Guidance Center. She has also had training in Mindfulness, Psychoeducation, PTSD with veterans and domestic violence prevention…works with all ages and “likes teens.”
- Julia Keleher, LMHC - Loyola Marymount University, UNM. Julia Has worked at Agora Crisis Center and Dragonfly Counseling Center, she also taught English as a second language in Granada, Spain. Julia is familiar with sand tray and CBT. She loves hanging with friends and family, dancing, reading, and once had 17 bunnies in her backyard…on purpose?
- Anna Koch, LPCC/PHD - University of Nebraska Kearney, University of Iowa, Texas Tech, and New Mexico Highlands University. Anna has been an adjunct on-line faculty for Grand Canyon, Ottawa and Eastern New Mexico Universities. She also has worked at the Community Counseling Center and has been a rehabilitation counselor. She loves to hike, ride horses, and bargain shop.
- Sunny Laurenne, LPCC - Metro State College, Colorado University, UNM and Webster, Sunny has an extensive background in art, expressive arts counseling, trauma and brief therapy. She has been a singer, dancer, actress, song writer, performance coach, and done "interactive entertainment" with children. Sunny works with all ages, family systems, sand tray and is a professional life coach. She has worked at the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation as a teacher and counselor, as well as at A New Awakening. East side.
- Christine Loidolt, LMHC - Southern Illinois University and UNM times two, Christine has been both a teacher and a therapist, presently, also working at Sandia High School as a Counselor. She has also worked at Camino Nuevo You Center, La Cueva High School, Manzanita Counseling Center and Forensic Behavioral Health Services. She is also a certified Substance Abuse Counselor.
- Linda Lytle, LPCC - Andrews University times two in Berrien Springs Michigan, Linda has also worked at Partners in Wellness, Carl Albert Mental Health Services, Providence and Southwestern Oklahoma Family Services in Oklahoma, and Psychological Associates in Silver City and the Counseling Center in Alamogordo. Linda enjoys hiking in the mountains and a clean running spring! She reads a lot and her mother had two sets of twins, not her.
- Mary McCabe, LMSW - UNM, Highlands University. Mary has worked at the YSC Juvenile Detention Center, Arca Family Based Services, The Evolution Group, and Four Winds Behavioral Health. She also spent time at the Albuquerque Treatment Services Center. She loves to workout, takes dance &barbell classes, would love to be a personal trainer, and much to her daughters chagrin her baby is her dog Daisy.
- Rod Mercure, LMHC - University of New Mexico and Highlands University, Rod has previously worked at the Sandoval County DWI program and the Counseling and Psychotherapy Institute. He is a certified mediator and works with addictions, DV and as a group facilitator. Rod is a Youth Football Coach and on the Board of Directors of First Choice Community Healthcare.
- Bernadette Miller, LMHC - University of Phoenix times two, Bernadette has also worked as a countertop person (owner), a real estate broker, medical assistant and a cosmetologist. (So, if the counseling doesn’t work out, she can sell you a house, countertops and do your nails!) She has done mental health counseling for both Dragon Fly Counseling and St. Martin’s Hospitality Center. Bernadette rides a Harley and has done volunteer work for Joy Junction, Operation Hope and Healing Addiction in Our Community. Bernadette and her husband of 26 years enjoy traveling to tropical destinations and she loves her position here with us as the Parenting Group and DV group Facilitator. She is a New Mexico native, born in Taos.
- John Ryan Montenery, LMHC -Miami University, UNM. Ryan has previously worked for a Pharmaceutical company in final phase drug studies, as well as a substitute teacher, and at a drug rehabilitation center. His previous work history includes Valle Del Sol and Dragonfly Counseling. Ryan moved to New Mexico because the weather in Ohio was unbearable. He enjoys skateboarding, sailing, and has a great collection of Star Wars memorabilia. Ryan is also a professional actor – he has done projects in L.A. and here.
- Natalie Naranjo-Rodriguez, LPC - UNM and Webster, St Louis, and Doctorate in Education from Nova Eastern University, Ft Lauderdale. Natalie is a native New Mexican and presently, also works for CYFD in the juvenile justice area. Her specialties include children, adolescents, adults, trauma and addictions. Natalie enjoys spending time with her two kids and her dog.
- Sarah Penn, UNM times 2 - Sarah has worked as a school counselor, a clinical director at an inpatient treatment center, and as assessor for Presbyterian Medical Services. She specializes with EMDR a type of PTSD/Trauma therapy and is working toward becoming an EMDR trainer. Sarah loves Harry Potter and is in House Gryffindor.
- Paulette Pollem, LMHC - Community College of Philadelphia, Hahnemann University in Philadelphia and Webster's University. Paulette was a Physician Assistant for 16 years and had a private counseling practice for 4 years. Her specialties include grief and loss, couples, family and individual counseling, bipolar issues, conflict, relational issues and family dysfunction. Paulette's hobbies include reading, gardening, pottery; exercising and spending time with Skruff's her border collie. She just got a new hip! East side.
- Tara Bremer Quintana, LMSW - New Mexico Highlands times two, Tara has previously worked at Counseling World, in the Jewelry business (Silver Creation and BQ Limited) and at Planned Parenthood. She is experienced with PTSD, Domestic Violence, Crisis Intervention and Child Bereavement. All ages, most all issues, specifically teens and kids 5+, parenting, couples and families.
- Jonathon Reade, LMSW - LMSW-Franklin College, Columbia University, and a MSW from NYU. Jon is a native New Yorker and has held several positions in PA and NY including Project ACE and at the AIDS service center. He prefers to work with teens and adults and his specialties include Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Substance Abuse, and LBGT. He loves trying new and exotic foods and is a huge Game of Throne’s fan.
- Katie Royer, LPCC - Regis University and UNM, Katie has also worked at Southwest Family Guidance, Albuquerque Public Schools, Turning Point Recovery Center and Red Mountain Family Services. Previous to the Counseling, she was a legal assistant and worked in web design and public relations. Katie spends a lot of time with family, nephews and nieces, and loves to read.
- Sandy Silverman, LPCC - Cleveland State University times two, originally from Ohio, Sandy is back with us from a couple of years ago (glad to have her back). She has worked as a counselor at Life Roots and taught Health Education at Albuquerque Academy. She has worked as a school psychologist/therapist, test administrator and has been in private practice. Sandy specializes in families, couples, kids and parent education and individuals with most all issues. Sandy enjoys cooking, cleaning, reading and gardening (not cleaning) and to spend time with son and daughter and dog YODA.
- Alan Schlosser, LCSW - Rutgers, Simmons School of Social Work. Alan has previously worked for Agave and Valle Del Sol. He also spent 10 years with UNMH building up the ACT program from the ground floor. He is an avid motorcyclist and a cat person.
- Ginny Sutherland Sanchez, LMHC - Sandy Bedfordshire C.C., Demontport Sutherland University, and Webster University. Ginny originally is from England and has previously worked for Arbor Counseling, FBHA Counseling, for the Office of the District Attorney as a Truancy Officer, and has spent the last 15 years working for APS. She is very empathetic, enjoys working with children and families, and prides herself on her mediation skills.
- Bernice Ulibarri, LMHC - Bernice received both her BA and Ma from NMHU with a minor in Criminology. She worked on the Child Resource Advocacy Program for the San Miguel County Detention Center, has been a substitute teacher for the last couple years, and has worked at Agave Health Services and Molina Healthcare. She is a football mom to her two boys, believes health is very important, and New Orleans is one of her favorite places.
- Leslie Ulibarri, LPC - UNM and Webster's University, Leslie has been a parole officer with the New Mexico Corrections Department, a Counselor at the New Mexico Corrections Academy; a probation counselor at the District Attorney's Office and is also currently a probation counselor for Bernalillo County. Leslie's specialties include substance abuse, domestic violence, teens, family, couples and gay/lesbian issues. Her interests include fishing, sports and ballroom dancing. East side.
- Lucille Vega, LPC - Highlands University, Anderson Theological Seminary of Georgia. Lucille is Bi-Lingual and proud of her heritage. She has worked with Ride to Pride as an Equine assisted Psychotherapist and with the Esperanza Shelter for Battered Families. She spent 10 years at Mano De Ayuda, and she loves art, music and animals.
- Paul Weeks, LPCC - New York University (Fredonia), St. John's and Southwestern College, Paul recently did HIV/AIDS Counseling and Teaching in Malawi, Africa, has worked at Desert Hills, Job Corps, Spirit Club in Santa Fe and Southwestern Counseling Center. Paul works with all ages and he also works at Valencia Counseling Services in Los Lunas. Enjoys guitar, books, blogging, biking and Greek thinkers. East side.
- Lisa Wilson, LMHC - WNMU and NMHU. Lisa has been working with APS for the past few years and previously was with Adelante Development Center and Alianza Family Services. She enjoys nature, loves hanging with the family, likes to learn, and would love to return to Rome one day.
- Rose Wolfenbarger, LPCC - University of San Francisco and U of Florida, Rose specializes in the changes that come from aging, bereavement and loss, and counseling teens and also younger children. Rose worked with and volunteered with Girl Scouts for 20 years and has worked as a counselor in Nursing Homes here and in Florida. Her approach is helping people believe in themselves and issues including domestic violence, questioning spiritual beliefs, feeling different from others and stress...does soul dancing?
- Melissa Wood, LMHC - Southwest College and UNM for her master’s degree in counseling. Melissa is a wife and mother of four. She specializes in children, teens, adults, couples and families with conflict, trauma, depression and anxiety issues utilizing a Christian based approach to counseling. She has been a dance instructor, camp counselor and does dance and art therapy and somatic psychology. She lives in Cedar Crest and her hobbies include running, hiking, dancing, outdoors and spending time with her kids and friends and pets.
- Jeff Burrows (Owner/Director) - MA,Ed,Soc. Springfield College, Harvard University, UNM and Texas A&M. Jeff was most recently the Director of Social Services at the Pueblo of Laguna, the former Executive Director of Valencia Shelter for Victims of Domestic Violence, the former Executive Director and co-founder of New Day Shelters and an original member of the Watermelon Mountain Jug Band, "always a standing ovation." He is an avid, unfortunately not frequent, golfer. Jeff was the recipient of the 1987 United Nations Humanitarian Award.
- Amanda Boland (P/T Office Manager/Auditor) - Amanda is attending CNM for a degree in Social Work. She was an Assistant Manager at FYE and a Manager at Hastings. Houston Texas is her home town where she won awards for creative writing and became a published poetry author. She is learning to speak Korean, enjoys Archery, and is recently engaged (but don’t ask her where her ring is).
- Julie Collins (Office Manager, West side) - AA in computer literature from Watterson College and BA in Political Science from San Diego State University. Julie was born in Pittsburgh CA., and is a veteran of the Navy. She previously worked in the Dental Industry for 25 years. She loves to garden and is an award winning cook. Try her egg rolls sometime.
- Christina Dickmeyer (Bookkeeper) - Chris is a contract bookkeeper for us. She has a Masters from UNM and was a hockey mom for ten years. She has also worked at Summit Food Services, the Federal Housing Administration, as a mortgage loan underwriter, Albuquerque International Association and as an historical consultant and research specialist.
- Tina Fajardo (Billing) – AA in social work from CNM and a certificate in Billing and Coding from Carrington. Tina is a native New Mexican. She is a mother of 5 and a grandmother of 3. She loves art of any kind and spending time with her grandchildren.
- Marnie Gregg (Office Manager) - Marnie recently located here from California and for years has worked in the restaurant business, also bartender at PF Chang’s for 6 years. Most recently for a few years, she was the “booth manager” for Safeway in Mountain View California. Google is in Mountain View and apparently taking over the town! She loves movies, Sci Fi and the Raiders.
- Ashley Johnson (Billing) - Received a certificate in Billing and Coding from Carrington, did her internship at Dragonfly Counseling, and is attending CNM for a degree in Social Work. Ashley is Native American (Blockseet Tribe in Montana), her Indiaqn Name is “Emonaski” which means “Otter Woman.” She loves to spend time with her son, shopping for shoes, and watching Scandal.
- Shannon Dotson (Office Manager, East Side) - BBA from Anderson School of Management at UNM Shannon has a variety of office management/administration experiences including the Human Resources Director for Defined Fitness. A New Mexico native, she “speed walks” her dogs, works out alot, loves her car and hates long distant relationships.
- Brooke Parker (Office Manager, West Side) - Colorado Christian University and Adams State University, Brooke is an Intern AND Office Manager on the west side. She is finishing up her Master's degree in counseling and hopes to join us as a Counselor next year. (We are trying to get some free labor for the moment) She has also worked at Bernalillo Academy, Desert Hills, Youthtrack, Family Christian Stores, Case International and the Skillet Restaurant. I think she just got married, so congratulations and welcome.