PEOPLE "It is people standing next to people that make a difference"
Administrative Staff: (Staff Biographies following Therapists')
|Jeff Burrows, Owner/Director||Melissa Snyder (OM East)|
|Barbara King (OM)||Kristie Basey, Billing|
|Shannon Moore, Office Manager, East Side||Marnie Gregg (OM)|
|Raquel Macias, Billing||Chris Dickmeyer, Bookkeeper|
|Christina Bryant, LPCC Clinical Supervisor|
THERAPISTS - BIOGRAPHIES and SPECIALTIES
All Therapists are Masters or PhD level in education, with State and National licensure and certification. In addition, the Family Workshop does a credentialing verification on all Therapists. The letters following the names refer to the type of licensure, however, all are certified to do therapy or counseling. Counseling and therapy are virtually the same thing. We are careful to solicit, evaluate and hire the very best Counselors in the area. These people have huge resumes, significant expertise and are well versed in a variety of modalities - they are gifted, creative and, most of all, very good at engaging clients
- Tim Allen, LMHC, LADAC - CNM, UNM times 2 and the University of Phoenix, Tim, in another lifetime worked as a Geological Surveyor, ecological researcher and an environmental analyst. He has previously work for The Right Step, Central New Mexico Recovery Services and A Balanced Path. He currently and also works at The Turquoise Lodge and Christian Counseling Professionals. Tim is an expert downhill ski racer.
- Lisa Arge, PsyD - One of our resident Psychologists, Lisa has studied at Rutgers, Widener University and the Philadelphia School of Psychoanalysis. She has also worked at Greater Lowell Psychiatric Associates (Mass.), Jefferson Center for Mental Health (Colorado) the Rockford Center (Deleware) and has been in private practice. Lisa specializes in all ages of young children, as well as couples and families, and does various psychological testing for us. East and west side.
- Juanita Baca, LPC - Psychology and counseling at UNM, Juanita has been a therapist at Relevancy Inc., Hogares, Tennessee Dept of Human Services, Salvation Army and Albuquerque Rape Crisis. She works with all populations, close to bi-lingual and is very good with kids. Juanita's hobbies include guitar, singing (a featured artist at churches) and homemaking. East side.
- Wendy Bergeron, LCSW - University of Southern Maine, Maine and New England, moved to New Mexico from Maine about a year ago. She has previously worked in Child Protective Services, was a school based clinician, an outpatient clinician and has managed her own private agency. She specializes in kids and is proud to have grown up on a farm.
- Christina Bryant, LPCC - (Clinical Supervisor) UNM and NM Highlands University, Christina works with all ages and primarily issues with kids and teens, families and couples. She is a native New Mexican but spent five years in New Orleans (there during the Katrina Hurricane) and became a huge Saints fan. On her off time she plays soccer and has recently taken up snowboarding...a cat person.
- Ed Church, LPCC - Whittier College and Heidelberg College, Ed also holds a Master’s Degree in Divinity, that’s right, his name is Church and he is also a pastor! Ed has also worked for Epoch Behavioral Healthcare, Valle del Sol, Carlsbad Counseling Associates, New Day, Valencia Counseling Services and Presbyterian Children’s Services. Ed works with a variety of populations and modalities.
- Donna Clauss, LMSW - University of San Francisco, Michigan State and UNM, Donna has a huge background and resume including, founder and Executive Director of Rainbow House International (Adoption Agency), Math and Psychology teacher for APS and Albuquerque Indian School, U.S. Coordinator for a Mexican Foundation in Guadalajara and has worked as a Counselor for Hogares. She and her husband also have six kids adopted from every continent in the world (and now a bunch of grandchildren). Or, are there seven continents?
- Doris Curry, LMSW - Upper Iowa University and New Mexico Highlands, Doris has also worked at CNM Counseling Services, CNM Connect, and the Breast Cancer Resource Center, and as a volunteer at “Paws and Stripes” Integrated Counseling of New Mexico. She is also interested and works with Mindfulness, Imago Relationship Therapy and Canine Therapy. Doris is certifying her border collie to be a therapy dog and she, not the dog, does yoga and cooking.
- Marcella Baca-Dory, LMHC - Barstow Community College, California State University and Highlands University, Marcella has work for Child Protective Services, Rio Rancho Public Schools, the Archdiocese of Santa Fe and the Albuquerque Public Schools. She is happily, one of 12 children and a practitioner of AQUA ZUMBA…wow…works with all populations.
- Elizabeth Dunlap, LPCC - Elizabeth studied at the University of New Mexico for her degrees in psychology and sociology. She has over 20 years of counseling experience and currently also works as a state vocational rehabilitation counselor. Her specialties include women's issues, depression, anxiety and adolescents. Elizabeth's hobbies include reading, country dancing, cooking and spending time with her daughter and her dogs. West Side.
- Rachael Elebario, LISW - New Mexico State and New Mexico State, Rachael is also a social worker at Ernie Pyle elementary school (APS) and has worked at the Southern New Mexico Human Development Center, Alliance Hospital of Santa Teresa and the Southwest Environmental Center. She did her practicum work at Counseling and Recovery, Inc. and Juvenile Probation, both in Las Cruces. She specializes in "middle age" kids- 9-14 but has worked with all ages and issues.
- Lynda Gutierrez, LMHC - University of New Mexico (BS and MA) and Webster (MA), Lynda has also worked for Hospice of the Sandias, PB & J Family Services and various positions with Presbyterian Healthcare Services (hospice, claims and enrollment). She works with teens, adults and families, grief and loss. Lynda has two grown children whom she is very proud of!
- Jennifer Hattar, LISW - Cal Poly Pomona and USC, Jennifer is a California native and has recently worked as a case worker for the LA County Children and Families Department. She has previously worked as a psychiatric intern in the schools and at the Albuquerque SAFE house. Jennifer is the recipient of our “Rookie of the Year” award at the Family Workshop. She enjoys running, swimming and traveling.
- Amy Ienni, LMHC - Empire State College (New York) and St. Martin’s University (Washington), Amy has worked with us previously and at Creative Cognitive Therapies, All Faiths Receiving Home and Forward Motions. She has also participated in community groups including the Washington Homeschool Organization, La Leche and Toastmasters. Amy does improv comedy and has been married 30 years – not sure if those last two things go together!
- Theresa Jones, LMHC - Texas A&M and Southwestern College, Theresa has previously worked at Desert Hills as a Therapist and has extensive experience with intervention and rehabilitation in corrections. She has done graduate internships with Challenge New Mexico, a therapeutic riding program, the Santa Fe Community Guidance Center and the Santa Fe Detention Center. Teresa loves to ride horses, herbs and aroma therapy and do art, loves to do art!
- Stefanie Juliano, LMHC, PsyD (Candidate) - Eastern New Mexico, National Hypnotherapy Training Center, U of Phoenix and California Southern, Stefanie has also worked in Criminal Justice (probation and parole), at Haven Behavioral Health, A New Awakening and Southwest Family Guidance Center. She has also had training in Mindfulness, Psychoeducation, PTSD with veterans and domestic violence prevention…works with all ages and “likes teens.”
- Sunny Laurenne, LPCC - Metro State College, Colorado University, UNM and Webster, Sunny has an extensive background in art, expressive arts counseling, trauma and brief therapy. She has been a singer, dancer, actress, song writer, performance coach, and done "interactive entertainment" with children. Sunny works with all ages, family systems, sand tray and is a professional life coach. She has worked at the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation as a teacher and counselor, as well as at A New Awakening. East side.
- Christine Loidolt, LMHC - Southern Illinois University and UNM times two, Christine has been both a teacher and a therapist, presently, also working at Sandia High School as a Counselor. She has also worked at Camino Nuevo You Center, La Cueva High School, Manzanita Counseling Center and Forensic Behavioral Health Services. She is also a certified Substance Abuse Counselor.
- Linda Lytle, LPCC - Andrews University times two in Berrien Springs Michigan, Linda has also worked at Partners in Wellness, Carl Albert Mental Health Services, Providence and Southwestern Oklahoma Family Services in Oklahoma, and Psychological Associates in Silver City and the Counseling Center in Alamogordo. Linda enjoys hiking in the mountains and a clean running spring! She reads a lot and her mother had two sets of twins, not her.
- Liese Mead, LMSW - University of New Mexico and Highlands, Liese has previously worked at All Faiths Receiving Home, Pearson educational services, as a home school teacher, PB & J Family Services, NM LEND and she is a Foster Parent – that’s a big job! She works with all ages and all issues specializing in children and families, depression and anxiety.
- Rod Mercure, LMHC - University of New Mexico and Highlands University, Rod has previously worked at the Sandoval County DWI program and the Counseling and Psychotherapy Institute. He is a certified mediator and works with addictions, DV and as a group facilitator. Rod is a Youth Football Coach and on the Board of Directors of First Choice Community Healthcare.
- Emory Moore, LPCC - Texas Wesleyan University, Southwestern College and UNM, Emory was the former Manager of Albuquerque's Water Quality Laboratory. In his second life as a Therapist, he has worked at First Nations, New Mexico Solutions, APS school counselor, Indian Behavioral Health Services, facilitates groups and retreats, and in private practice. Emory works with all ages and issues, presently doing our DV groups and loves "symphonic concert music." East side.
- Carissa Murphy (Office Manager – West Side) - Carissa has attended CNM and has worked at Kohl’s and Amadeo’s Pizza, she has also been a Lube Technician for Valvoline and an assistant Manager for Enchantment Oil. She loves camping, her husband and her wiener dog “skippy.” As you can see, we slightly favor dog people.
- Paulette Pollem, LMHC - Community College of Philadelphia, Hahnemann University in Philadelphia and Webster's University. Paulette was a Physician Assistant for 16 years and had a private counseling practice for 4 years. Her specialties include grief and loss, couples, family and individual counseling, bipolar issues, conflict, relational issues and family dysfunction. Paulette's hobbies include reading, gardening, pottery; exercising and spending time with Skruff's her border collie. She just got a new hip! East side.
- Jeff Pontes, LPCC - Broome Community College, Marywood University and Highlands, Jeff has previously worked at A Balanced Path and Christian Counseling Professionals. He has also worked as an apartment manager, shop manager, corporate sales, an elementary school music teacher and a private music instructor, piano and bass. Jeff is an expert archer and loves komucha, google that.
- Tara Bremer Quintana, LMSW - New Mexico Highlands times two, Tara has previously worked at Counseling World, in the Jewelry business (Silver Creation and BQ Limited) and at Planned Parenthood. She is experienced with PTSD, Domestic Violence, Crisis Intervention and Child Bereavement. All ages, most all issues, specifically teens and kids 5+, parenting, couples and families.
- Natalie Naranjo-Rodriguez, LPC - UNM and Webster, St Louis, and Doctorate in Education from Nova Eastern University, Ft Lauderdale. Natalie is a native New Mexican and presently, also works for CYFD in the juvenile justice area. Her specialties include children, adolescents, adults, trauma and addictions. Natalie enjoys spending time with her two kids and her dog.
- Linda Romero, LISW - New Mexico Highlands University, Linda also works as a social worker at Rio Rancho Elementary School and has been there eight years. Previously, she worked at the UNM Methadone Center, was the clinical Director for Rancho Valmora Residential Treatment Center and a Social Worker for the Las Vegas Medical Center. Linda is "medium bilingual" and is certified or has experience with adolescents, adults Veterans, PTSD and in psychopharmacology. All ages.
- Katie Royer, LPCC - Regis University and UNM, Katie has also worked at Southwest Family Guidance, Albuquerque Public Schools, Turning Point Recovery Center and Red Mountain Family Services. Previous to the Counseling, she was a legal assistant and worked in web design and public relations. Katie spends a lot of time with family, nephews and nieces, and loves to read.
- John Salaz, PhD - UNM for all three degrees, John also works for APS as a School Psychologist, has worked as a UNM Instructor, School Counselor in Cuba (NM) and a records evaluator for Central Community College. He has done research on adolescent aggression and human learning and memory. John plays the piano and cello and travels as much as possible.
- Brenda Sanchez, LMHC - University of New Mexico times four, Brenda is certified and/or licensed as a Therapist, School Counselor, Teacher, Mediator, Real Estate Broker and Loan Originator person. That’s a lot. She continues to do Real Estate and work with us. Brenda sees couples and adults and works at our West Side Office. She’s a great cook (she does that shrimp wrapped in bacon) and a bit of a wine connoisseur. She has two exceptional grandchildren!
- Melissa Snyder (Office Manager) - Melissa has worked at Southwest Vinyl Fencing, Hertz Rent-A-Car, Comfort Inn and Suites and has been a personal assistant and personal care giver. She loves camping, Music, her family, she’s an abstract artist and loves to cook.
- Janice Spratt, LPCC - University of New Mexico, Janice worked with us for a couple of years when we first began and now she's back. She also works at Lighthouse Counseling and is a School Counselor for Rio Rancho Public Schools. Janice works with all ages and issues but specializes in play therapy and children and she is also a Christian Counselor.
- Jane Thonton, LPCC - Jane graduated from UNM (X 2), is originally from New York City and has live in Seattle and LA. She previously worked as an artist, a book seller and as a life coach and therapist at La Buena Vida and at the Center on Alcohol, Substance Abuse and Addictions at UNM. Jane specializes in working with age 12+, SA, DV, anxiety, depression, grief, trauma and abuse victims. Jane is not a huge fan of technology, but did sign up for facebook and is trying to deal with it! Loves her dog, music and Tai Chi.
- Leslie Ulibarri, LPC - UNM and Webster's University, Leslie has been a parole officer with the New Mexico Corrections Department, a Counselor at the New Mexico Corrections Academy; a probation counselor at the District Attorney's Office and is also currently a probation counselor for Bernalillo County. Leslie's specialties include substance abuse, domestic violence, teens, family, couples and gay/lesbian issues. Her interests include fishing, sports and ballroom dancing. East side.
- Paul Weeks, LPCC - New York University (Fredonia), St. John's and Southwestern College, Paul recently did HIV/AIDS Counseling and Teaching in Malawi, Africa, has worked at Desert Hills, Job Corps, Spirit Club in Santa Fe and Southwestern Counseling Center. Paul works with all ages and he also works at Valencia Counseling Services in Los Lunas. Enjoys guitar, books, blogging, biking and Greek thinkers. East side.
- Rose Wolfenbarger, LPCC - University of San Francisco and U of Florida, Rose specializes in the changes that come from aging, bereavement and loss, and counseling teens and also younger children. Rose worked with and volunteered with Girl Scouts for 20 years and has worked as a counselor in Nursing Homes here and in Florida. Her approach is helping people believe in themselves and issues including domestic violence, questioning spiritual beliefs, feeling different from others and stress...does soul dancing?
- Melissa Wood, LMHC - Southwest College and UNM for her master’s degree in counseling. Melissa is a wife and mother of four. She specializes in children, teens, adults, couples and families with conflict, trauma, depression and anxiety issues utilizing a Christian based approach to counseling. She has been a dance instructor, camp counselor and does dance and art therapy and somatic psychology. She lives in Cedar Crest and her hobbies include running, hiking, dancing, outdoors and spending time with her kids and friends and pets.
- Jeff Burrows (Owner/Director) - MA,Ed,Soc. Springfield College, Harvard University, UNM and Texas A&M. Jeff was most recently the Director of Social Services at the Pueblo of Laguna, the former Executive Director of Valencia Shelter for Victims of Domestic Violence, the former Executive Director and co-founder of New Day Shelters and an original member of the Watermelon Mountain Jug Band, "always a standing ovation." He is an avid, unfortunately not frequent, golfer. Jeff was the recipient of the 1987 United Nations Humanitarian Award.
- Kristie Basey (Billing) – Attended UNM and CNM, Kristie has worked as an office manager and/or bookkeeper for Santa Fe Door Store, Noble Mechanical and Rowen Plumbing and Heating, and has already work for us in both capacities. She reads and walks the five dogs, grandchildren, Mexican food, very talented and “when you leave Amarillo, turn out the lights.”
- Christina Dickmeyer (Bookkeeper) - Chris is a contract bookkeeper for us. She has a Masters from UNM and was a hockey mom for ten years. She has also worked at Summit Food Services, the Federal Housing Administration, as a mortgage loan underwriter, Albuquerque International Association and as an historical consultant and research specialist.
- Marnie Gregg (Office Manager) - Marnie recently located here from California and for years has worked in the restaurant business, also bartender at PF Chang’s for 6 years. Most recently for a few years, she was the “booth manager” for Safeway in Mountain View California. Google is in Mountain View and apparently taking over the town! She loves movies, Sci Fi and the Raiders.
- Barbara King (Office Manager) - Barbara has an enormous background in Nursing, teaching nursing at CNM, Art, retail and Project Share. She has done marketing for the NM Symphony, worked at the Albuquerque library and for PIRG. She has done medical assignments throughout the state and volunteered for Albuquerque Restore and PACA (animal rescue). Wow.
- Raquel Macias (Office Manager, PT – Both Offices) - Presently, also attending NM Highlands and attended CNM. Raquel has worked at Kohl’s, Early Bird Cafe and Angel Fire. She volunteers at Petsmart and reads to little kids at a local library...loves her “new” car and the sound system.
- Shannon Moore (Office Manager, East Side) - BBA from Anderson School of Management at UNM Shannon has a variety of office management/administration experiences including the Human Resources Director for Defined Fitness. A New Mexico native, she “speed walks” her dogs, works out alot, loves her car and hates long distant relationships.